After months of planning, fundraising, and tremendous support from the local community, the roof replacement on our museum/barn is underway. The crew from A.G. Roofing in Eagle took extra steps to protect the artifacts stored in the barn loft. Originally built in 1899 by Eagle rancher R.P. Wood, the barn was repurposed into a museum in the late 1980s. The new roof was necessary in order to protect the irreplaceable artifacts housed in the museum.
Due to the ongoing pandemic, the museum will remain closed during the months of May and June. The ECHS Board will re-evaluate the situation in mid-summer to determine of the facility can be safely opened to the public this year.